Thread: Inside a Library

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I recently just had a run in with some bookshelves for a map I was working on for my game. I came to the conclusion that bookshelves are only really interesting from the side. My solution? just place books/scrolls randomly "on top of the book shelf". It isn't very accurate in terms of how they actually work, but it makes it 1) clear what they are and 2) interesting to look at.

Those look like they might be from the Dundjinni's forums (I love that place too!) Try searching for "book" or "bookshelf" or "bookshelves". I found some ones I liked over there.

On carpet: I think most older libraries had patterned marble floors. Think Indian Jones and the Last Crusade. "'X' marks the spot..."

Guild Apprentice

The middle set of bookshelves are from the dundjinni forums, the outer two I made myself... the books are actually digital photos of books I own. You may be right about just putting stuff on top and leaving it at that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstar View Post
    On carpet: I think most older libraries had patterned marble floors. Think Indian Jones and the Last Crusade. "'X' marks the spot..."
    Marble seems better than carpet... I'll probably have to run a few test floors and see what comes up, but it hadn't even occurred to me before... thanks!