Thread: The Three Kingdoms of Khorlani

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Map

Hey Guys: Thanks for looking and for your comments. SG: you're right. I'm still learing to do mountains. The old ones looked to much like what my dog, Boris, did one night on the rug after eating too much fat. tf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Korlani.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	36059  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjfmen View Post
    SG: you're right. I'm still learing to do mountains. The old ones looked to much like what my dog, Boris, did one night on the rug after eating too much fat. tf
    Mountains can be extremely difficult, I've tried all kinds of different ways, and have yet to come up with one I'm completely happy with.

There are several good mountain tutorials available here, you should check them out.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

Thanks to both Ascension and SG. I really respect some of the work I've seen from both of you and value your comments. Ascension: the reddish circles represent less populated towns or villages and the half circles represent the various Tribal settlements.
    Good calls on the color though. I wasn't totally happy with it either. SG: I really do struggle with the mountains also. The 2nd attempt actually did use one of the tutorials here, but I need to work out the details more - parts of it I'm not quite getting it. But I think the 2nd version is a step in the right direction. Thanks again for the helpful comments. tf
    Last edited by tjfmen; 05-27-2011 at 02:17 PM.