Thread: CD3 - Town of Loudwater

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow! Is this really your first?
    It's a bit square, something that i think is very common in CD3 maps, and you have that non-standard-bottom-right lighting that I'm not comfortable with... That's just my hangups, not critical things.
    Great map, this makes me want to buy CD3 right now.
    Two questions;
    -Is there some reason most walls comes out square, is something preventing more organic shaped walls?
    -Can you make other types of walls? I'm thinking about glacis walls, earthworks, trenches and such...

Nice map Johnny, especially for the first map you made with CD3. Repped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    Wow! Is this really your first?
    It's a bit square, something that i think is very common in CD3 maps, and you have that non-standard-bottom-right lighting that I'm not comfortable with... That's just my hangups, not critical things.
    Great map, this makes me want to buy CD3 right now.
    Two questions;
    -Is there some reason most walls comes out square, is something preventing more organic shaped walls?
    -Can you make other types of walls? I'm thinking about glacis walls, earthworks, trenches and such...
    - It's possible to make much more organic walls.
    - You can make other types of walls, like palissades, earthworks, moats, etc.

Also you can mess with the lightning effects in CD3. There's a function to move the sun direction for example and all entities will cast an opposing shadow (you can change that on the fly).
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...