Thread: Commission: An Island Kingdom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagicweaver View Post
    Hmm. I see that there is a lake with multiple rivers running from it to different coasts. Does that defy the laws of geography?
    Lakes generally can have many inlets but usually only one outlet (there are exceptions to this but they are usually non-natural and temporary). The Northern river probably wouldn't split like it does and flow down to the southern river through the lake. I can fix that If you'd like. I just left it alone as is my custom. I went back and started this over as I wasn't at all happy with the forests. I've changed them and started to add the locations around the island.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jtougassagemorawip2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	604.7 KB 
ID:	35899
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Lakes generally can have many inlets but usually only one outlet (there are exceptions to this but they are usually non-natural and temporary). The Northern river probably wouldn't split like it does and flow down to the southern river through the lake. I can fix that If you'd like. I just left it alone as is my custom. I went back and started this over as I wasn't at all happy with the forests. I've changed them and started to add the locations around the island.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jtougassagemorawip2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	604.7 KB 
ID:	35899
    Well sir, thats why I came to the experts. If you see rivers that dont look like they would behave like real rivers, then by all means make it believable! You wield the paint brush!
    The river that flows from the castle past the tower to the west is very important. The split that leads southeast to the larger lake is not important.

I do like the forests as well, and I really like the location icons you used.