Thread: [Free Form Mapping] A Pirate's Island

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

In under an hour that is really something. I doubt I'd even have my sketch scanned in that time. :S

I presume you already had that scroll background? Or acquired it? Because if you also created that scroll in PS in that time then I think I'll just uninstall mine. Hehe.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I have to say that a short sharp map is a great idea. Nice map too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    In under an hour that is really something. I doubt I'd even have my sketch scanned in that time. :S

I presume you already had that scroll background? Or acquired it? Because if you also created that scroll in PS in that time then I think I'll just uninstall mine. Hehe.
    The scroll and the skull & crossbones pics came from free clip art that I found online. I've also sped up my scanning time by using the import option in PS that allows me to drop the scanned image directly into Photoshop instead of using the scanner command and then finding the stored image and then opening it up in PS.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I love these quick and dirty maps and was actually thinking about tossing that out as a challenge idea. I do these as well to re-light my fire but my hand-drawn ones never come out this nice Good stuff, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps