Thread: Hello There!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah
    I really like this map actually. River transgressions aside this puppy is full of character for me. I really like the muted palette. Looking forward to seeing this evolve then and whatever else you come up with.

Oh, and welcome to the guild.
    Maybe I'll put it in the WIP thread. I love showing off my stuff evolving. >.> The other people who saw me working on it liked the palette too so I think I'll stick with it, then. I tend to think parchment when I think maps, so this was an experiment. Glad it was a good one, then! ^_^

Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by icosahedron View Post
    Sounds like you have self-criticism in hand. That's a good first map.

Your Avatar is interesting, a moody atmospheric sky. I clicked it to see if it gives a bigger pic, but it doesn't. I wouldn't mind seeing that in-thread. Is it one of your own creations?
    Self-criticism? You think? I do actually like this map, you just haven't seen my sketchy ones. >_>

And yes, yes, it is one of my own creations! It's a speedpaint that happened to be the only one of my recent pictures I had small enough for the avatar restrictions here. It is a speedpaint, though (y'know, in the half hour range) so the bigger size quality reflects that. It does look like a WIP and not like a polished painting. I was doing some general landscape practice and the lighting got out of hand. Love when that happens. Here you go, enjoy!

And, ooo, I even had a spammer reply to me. >_> I've gotta give him props for being a talented spammer, replying to welcome posts with relatively on topic things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	northernlightscastleWIPsmall.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	17260