Thread: Tutorials I'd like to see.

Post Tutorials I'd like to see.

If you'd like to see a tutorial on any subject in particular (relating to mapping preferably) then post it here. No guarantees that someone will write a tutorial about it the next day, but you never know your luck in the big city!

Ravs

More styles of mountains and rivers, I'd like to see how everyone does theirs. In GIMP/autorealm/inkscape please?
    And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Help Rubble

I'm wondering if anybody has any good tips for making rubble in Photoshop quick & easy. I'm mapping out an underground tomb complex (original eh?) and I want some of the rooms to be collapsed in places...

The rubble I've made so far was done with large jittery brush and then applied with bevel & emboss and shadow layer styles. It just doesn't look convincing though and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Is this for a realistic map or a diagrammatic map? (assuming the first, since you mentioned layer styles, and such)

Here's the simplest way-

Head over to the DJ forums and search for "rubble"

You should find something nice there that can be used as is, or is a good starting point for editing

-Rob A>

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Check out schley's maps...he does a fantastic job of rubble integration, and you may be able to get some ideas on how to apply them to your map through those.
    Fantaseum (https://www.fantaseum.com)

Robbie Powell - Site Admin