Thread: Vintyri (TM) Symbol Set 2 for CC3 Test Release

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Puh, looks like you have spent a lot of time into the catalogs. Well done!
    There some house catalogs seems identical to me, except the colours, why not create a varicolor style?

Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
    There some house catalogs seems identical to me, except the colours, why not create a varicolor style?
    They are identical with varying roof styles.

The question about varicolor and other questions that some people pose will lead to an unsatisfying answer.

The Vintyri (TM) Project's main goals are production of the Jörðgarð (TM) campaign setting and the Dungeons Daring (TM) game, not making symbols. Because our time is limited, we would have preferred to not make any symbols at all. However, when we began working on the Jörðgarð setting, we discovered that a very small number of the structural symbols that we needed actually was available anywhere. So ... we bit the bullet and made those that we couldn't find, more than 1,000 of them.

In all, there is a fills and textures set and 5 symbol sets. Originally, these were released in collections for Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 and Dundjinni (TM) but not for Campaign Cartographer (TM) 3. We didn't have anything against CC3, but creating full-fledged CC3 symbols is an entirely different process from producing FM8 or Dundjinni symbols. As I said, our time is limited. I still have a lot of online friends from the time when we used CC2 and CC2 Pro who now are CC3 users, and many of them asked me several times to make a CC3 version too. After discussions with and a lot of help from Ralf Schemmann, Romy Monsen and Simon Rogers at ProFantasy Ltd., we finally got the ball rolling.

There are only two of us working on this. To date, we have CC3 versions of the Fills & Textures set and the Vintyri Symbol Set 2. Slowly but surely, we also will make CC3 versions of Vintyri Symbols Sets 1, 3, 4 and 5. However, we barely have time to do that, much less add varicolor, connecting symbols, etc. If you look at our use and licensing policy online, which expands its liberal intent beyond the bounds of the Open Game License, I think you'll find that CC3 users can expand the catalogs in all kinds of directions and then distribute their extended work freely, without any objections from us.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project