Thread: September/October 2012 Lite Challenge : Unc 201.F The Secret in the Sequel...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looks interesting! Interesting story also. Need to add spaces to the latest wip heading. ### LATEST WIP ### It is case sensitive also !
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Carol Mayer had quickly discovered that there were no windows in the circular structure that the humanoid had led them into. They had been ushered into a room and left alone. The rest of her crew were milling about speaking to each other. Mayer for her part, was trying furiously to process all that she had seen. The aliens were humanoid. She wished she could remember who had said "The universe will always follow the most efficient and logical path" It had to have been one of her professors. She laughed to herself the universe certainly knew what it was doing. The gravity on this planet was slightly higher and the air was slightly more dense. There was no need for sentient life on this planet to evolve extra limbs or wings or gills or anything like that. Bipeds with slightly larger muscles than humans would do just fine.She had wondered about the humanoids ability to understand her language until she had spotted a device hanging from his belt. Obviously some sort of translation device. These people were more advanced than the humans in more ways then just their ship design and construction.She walked out of the doorless room and saw that she and her crew were not being guarded. She had no illusions that they weren't being watched however. She desperately wanted another look at the glowing energy container as the humanoid had called it. Night had fallen on this side of the planet and as she stepped outside the sight took her breath away. Glowing gently in the cool night air the energy container stood silent. There was no noise except for the occasional scurrying in the dense growth surrounding the clearing. Mayer found her inner scientist surface. What kind of energy was this device containing? What was it used for? Where did it come from? She hoped she would get to ask some of these questions. Her internal conversation was interrupted by the approach of the humanoid that had spoken to her. "You must return to the building. It is unsafe to be this close." Mayer had forgotten all about his earlier warning and now realized that she felt terrible. She managed to laugh weakly and then saw nothing as she tumbled into unconsciousness.....

Quote Originally Posted by lostatsea View Post
    Looks interesting! Interesting story also. Need to add spaces to the latest wip heading. ### LATEST WIP ### It is case sensitive also !
    Thanks for that. I haven't entered a challenge in quite a while I decided to go with more "atmosphere" and make it night on UNC 201.F (what good is a glow if you can't enjoy it? ) I worked some more on the outlying buildings and added a few details and some shadowing. Next up will be a addition to the map showing the lower levels of the energy device. Capt Carol Mayer is about to learn something that will change everything she has ever known....

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	September October Challenge Entry.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	48561
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.