Thread: WIP - Caves of Chaos variation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ooh, me likes a good mega-dungeon, particularly if it's based on a classic. This turned out pretty well, though when zoomed in the image doesn't appear quite clear. Perhaps if you increased the opacity of the grid layer (or duplicated the grid layer)? Don't know. But that aside, this is looking good so far.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    though when zoomed in the image doesn't appear quite clear. Perhaps if you increased the opacity of the grid layer (or duplicated the grid layer)? Don't know.
    I was going for subtle on the grid - I didn't want a bunch of dark black lines overpowering the rest of the map. The grid is actually two layers - a rendered grid in normal mode and 25% opacity, and a slightly-blurred copy of the grid in soft-light mode and 30% opacity (to keep Maptool from dropping out grid lines when zooming out)

It's also possible the resize operation and/or jpg export are making them less distinct (at least they seem a lot less distinct) - I've attached some full-res samples (two jpg, one png) for comparison.

While fuzzy isn't necessarily bad - I don't want them to be too fuzzy...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caves-of-chaos-sample1-wip121025.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	49393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caves-of-chaos-sample-wip121025.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	49394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caves-of-chaos-sample-wip121025.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	49395