Thread: Not a Challenge Map...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Nah, its easy enough to work with...

Believe me, I've designed dungeons where I created the two key rooms before I even knew what the rest of the dungeon looks like. I actually did have a good idea how I was going to develop the map for this one, just I really wanted to get the border right, so I created that first. (I will resize nothing - everything should fit fine!)

Actually because its hand-drawn and I'm drawing at 100% scale to the actual map dimensions, I just cut out the piece of paper to the same size as the drawing area, and "voila" perfect fit!

Placed the central mountain range, though I'm not quite happy with the hills. So I might redo those, sea color isn't to my liking either, but we'll see as I move along. I really need to decide where the pass is located, whether I remove some mountains to place them, or just suggest "the pass is here" - I'm thinking the latter, on how to do that.

I'm going to create an escarpment and extensive forest lands to the east of those mountains, and a big river too. Dernallion (the destination) will be located in the southeast corner of the map, while Ambrathas (the start) will be in the northwest corner of the map. That's it so far.

For some reason this reminds me of a reverse version of Middle Earth; Misty Mountains in center, Ambrathas (evil kingdom) where the Shire should be and Dernallion (good farmers) where Mordor should be. Not perfectly, but reminds me of ME...

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slavers.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	17556  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations