Thread: Old Graveyard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Ok then, I've started a fair bit later than you Blaidd, there's hope yet! Provided I can still hold a pen/stylus in my '70's I might produce something approaching the quality of your work and others here on the guild...
    I just got a tablet, and it is taking awhile to get used to. I don't know if I'll go full digital or mix'n'match. You know you can get a straight line by placing a dot at the start, then holding the shift key and placing another dot...
    Of course there is hope!
    And yes, I know about the shift thing, but I don't really like the lines I get with it. Maybe I should just practice more with the stylus.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Damn you're good ! And glad to bring out the best in you By the way, I purchased your Tilvarell map on DA and will be framing it soon
    Oh, cool! Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd Drwg View Post
    I don't really like the lines I get with it. Maybe I should just practice more with the stylus.
    I think I know what you mean, they're...too straight/obviously computer generated lines, rather than looking "hand-drawn". I can manage a straight, hand drawn line on graph paper but can't do it with the stylus...yet. Practice, especially for me, will be key. They are amazing things (stylus/tablets), I've been mucking around on mine, trying different things and it's very good. The hardest thing I'm struggling to get used to is not using the stylus as a mouse, I find I'm still lifting and dragging the stylus, forgetting I can just place it wherever I want... or perhaps that's the onset of senility?
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps