Thread: City of Norrilund

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is ... immense. And nice. A serious map indeed! To my eye it resembles Victorian London quite a bit, right down to the constitutional monarchy, the beloved queen Vic ... Helen, the prime ministerial, etc.

This map should be uploaded in a format resembling googlemaps, where I could zoom and scan around it slowly ... my adobe reader keeps pausing to redraw! What program did you use to draw this? Did you draw it all in one go? And if you did ... oh your poor processors!

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    What program did you use to draw this? Did you draw it all in one go? And if you did ... oh your poor processors!
    All in one file, a 9 MB Adobe Illustrator file. My ancient computer handles it just fine, as there are no linked images or transparency effects to bog it down. My continental maps, which are much smaller in area and level of detail, are nonetheless total processor hogs due to the linked images.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeRob View Post
    All in one file, a 9 MB Adobe Illustrator file. My ancient computer handles it just fine, as there are no linked images or transparency effects to bog it down. My continental maps, which are much smaller in area and level of detail, are nonetheless total processor hogs due to the linked images.

-Rob
    Impressive, very impressive then! Kudos.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Also Repped and rated. This is realy amazing. And a dream of a fictional City-Mapping come true. Are there tuts how to do such a map?