Thread: City Attempt: Iramir

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feanaaro View Post
    By the way, since I see that you use photoshop, perhaps you could help me with a tiny problem. That is, when I have a little square (house) of one colour, and then apply a texture to it with the filler, most often than not PS leaves me with a slighty enlarged house. This may have to do with anti-aliasing perhaps, but is there a way of avoiding it (if you ever encountered the same problem).
    Thanks.
    I would say that is indeed an effect of anti-aliasing. You could of course contract the selection by one pixel, but this can result in a pixelated edge of the house. A possible way to avoid this could be to duplicate the layer and add the texture as a layer effect. Then you have to erase all rectangles you don't need. That's just a quick idea, but it could work.

Guild Adept

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    I would say that is indeed an effect of anti-aliasing. You could of course contract the selection by one pixel, but this can result in a pixelated edge of the house. A possible way to avoid this could be to duplicate the layer and add the texture as a layer effect. Then you have to erase all rectangles you don't need. That's just a quick idea, but it could work.
    In this way would not I had to have a layer per each texture? That could be too much for my macbook.