View Poll Results: Please vote for 3 entries

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: *** VOTING January/Feb 2012 Lite Challenge - Compass Rose ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I take nothing away from the splendid craftsmanship and beauty of 'Flowery Scroll' or 'Old Paper', but I can't help but feel a little disappointed at the heavy preference for 'traditional' and 'old school' submissions by the community at large.
    A lot of entries were truly out of the box and (strictly IMO) deserved more attention than they got.

If we always do the same thing, we will always get the same results.
    A big THANK YOU to everyone who pushed the envelope - keep coloring outside the lines!
    Last edited by atpollard; 02-23-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
    I take nothing away from the splendid craftsmanship and beauty of 'Flowery Scroll' or 'Old Paper', but I can't help but feel a little disappointed at the heavy preference for 'traditional' and 'old school' submissions by the community at large. A lot of entries were truly out of the box and (strictly IMO) deserved more attention than they got.
    I understand your argument but I think in that case it's hard to point at anyone (I am not implying that you tried to do so). I pretty much love the Tribal Compass by Elzevir because it is very artistic and original. Of course we should appreciate out-of-the-box-thinking and creative ideas about how to reinvent certain things. But on the other hand we already have a wide variety of styles that have worked in the past so why "change a running compass rose" and people want to see how old concepts can be filled with new live by using modern techniques (vector-graphics) to relize them ...
    So instead of being disappointed I think you should enforce challenges that more explicitly demand out-of-the-box-thinking

(my english got a little rusty in the last couple of months. I hope my english was able to transport the message)