Thread: Map of the Exile

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Call off the girlfriend...I think it's quite nice actually. I like the colors and texturing and you have GREAT coastlines and landmass shapes. Stuff I would consider fixing:
    1) the border and glyphs are really neat but they're a little "soft" compared to the rest of the map and the color's a bit odd (clashing?) If you could tighten those up I think the map would look significantly better.
    2) The torn edge is very stark. Take a look around for torn paper tutorials. Here's one I've used to good effect, but there are many others: http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/torn/torn.htm
    3) Not really a must-change item but I'd consider a more script-like font and grunging the names up a bit...they seem a little stark and type-set for the style of the map.
    Hopefully I've not been so harsh as to deserve the wrath of your girlfriend (unless she's a good spanker, in which case I can make another post).
    M

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    3) Not really a must-change item but I'd consider a more script-like font and grunging the names up a bit...they seem a little stark and type-set for the style of the map.
    All issues acknowledged, though I'm a bit confused with this one. What do you mean with "gruning up the names a bit"? Do you mean the appearance of the names, of the names themselves?

Thanks in advance!