Thread: the City-Kingdoms of the Hareshk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected Thordred's Avatar

For a newbie like me this map looks quite finished and wonderful. What are you planning to do next to improve it?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    So jealous....love the tear and the overall worn look you've given the map...looking forward to seeing what text you throw in there.
    thanks i love that tear in the base paper texture and love using it in the maps i make with the texture

Quote Originally Posted by Freehand 5.5 View Post
    And if you do have to underline something, do not let it go way over the letters at the end. And do not underline word spaces. And do not underline letters going under the baseline (what is not the case with the capitals on your map). It's generally bad typography.

Labels like the red wall and the horse gate, interfering with other map elements, should get an outline in background colour.
    yeah, the underline going on after the end of the words is a result of the tracking i used to space them, and will be deleting them. and also, since posting this update i've gone on and added a faint white stroke to certain labels, such as seas and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordred View Post
    For a newbie like me this map looks quite finished and wonderful. What are you planning to do next to improve it?
    quite a lot actually! the cartouche is still empty. i also need to add mountains, trees, more borders, a lot more labels, trade-routes and roads, as well as shields and heraldic devices for the many regions and territories. i should be starting on the latter tomorrow.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Thordred's Avatar

I had a simular reaction to a map -Max- is working on when I read that:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table_flip_flipping_rage_face_meme_postcard-p239760614746238467envli_400.jpg 
Views:	3624 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	51472

I suppose I'm still not used to the amount of talent and skill that so many have in this community