Thread: How many of you are roleplayers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool, a lot of gamers on here. I kind of expected that there are some of us around

It seems DnD is still the Master of rules, at least sales-wise. I started with DSA (Das schwarze Auge) a long time ago, when the english language was not at my disposal. We then switched to ADnD 2nd Ed. (also in german) and played that almost exclusively for a long time. After I learned english in school, i started to look around for other mechanics and settings and found tons of it on the english market (that was like the treasure-cave of an old wyrm for me ). Since then i tried out a lot of different settings and mechanics and as mentioned in the OP i love dicepool best for resolution. Nowadays i tinker with settings and mechanics on my own but so far i haven't found "my perfect system" .
    I am a total fantasy nut. Sci Fi somehow never clicked for me, at least not pure sci fi. We tried some Star Wars, and i love the setting, but imho SW is more fantasy than Sci Fi anyway...so there you have it

If i could map as well (electronically) as some of you, I'd map a lot more, i guess...but alas i am not very talented with all those softwares (also, too lazy to truly sit down and really really learn one of those softwares).

Anyway, fortunately, i have found this place here and many of you are very generous people so i was allowed to steal some maps and brushes for my own uses. Thanks for that!

Oh and if you want to talk about your homemade setting, go on. I always like to hear about settings and their histories (if you have it on here or somewhere else on the i-net, feel free to link to it, so that we can take a look).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Cool, a lot of gamers on here. I kind of expected that there are some of us around

It seems DnD is still the Master of rules, at least sales-wise...
    There's some suggestions/evidence that Paizo might be leading sales-wise with Pathfinder over DnD, at least based on 2 quarters of the ICv2 report. (While this report is only from hobby store channel rather than the whole market.) We can't really say that WotC is still on top. Also several major hobby stores around the US claim similar results separate from the report - though this too is not conclusive. Although if WotC is not the sales leader, they certainly are sitting in a strong number 2 position.

Many industry bloggers, and Paizo itself was touting Pathfinder as the industry leading RPG, at least during Gen Con 2011.

GP

PS: my homebrew setting is a released product in the form of a 3 part introductory mini-campaign, as well as several supplements for the Pathfinder RPG, as an imprint publication under Rite Publishing. Many of my more recent maps, including this month's challenge entry is for use in that setting - Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story - think a cross between Oriental Adventures and Ravenloft (not exactly, but close.)
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-30-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations