Thread: Case Study - Archipelago : Fractal Mapper 8

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Well, It has given me an idea to attempt to do my own world map and the stuff I'm attempting for the NWN2 server I play on in FM8, if i can do as you do in your Tut i shouldn't have to do so much with Hugin or xnview to do a whole worldmap.

I've already put my Minduril map down as an overlay in FM8, then added landmasses adjacent to it to continue my world. I'll do those in the same vein as Minduril, (which will become the whole world name instead of just the bit of it i posted) I'm sort of using my own world concept as a testing ground for the Known Lands maps i'm attempting, I've got tacit approval to redo all the world maps in relief using the techniques I've learned here.

It's not a commision or anything, It's just an appreciation of the Dm's and world they've already built that's got me wanting to refine the maps they already have. these are their maps done by another member, http://knownlands.com/maps yes I've already done my own tiny river policing of the maps, excuse my own versions when i post them since I'll stay within these originals.

I've got versions of two of those originals so far that I've never posted here, Some have me trying to do Delta's to reconcile the river illogic but hey? it'sd alot of fun, if it wasn't i wouldn't bother.

The sum total of what I've learned I hope to use in starting my own NWN2 server using Minduril as the world map, there are some nice base mods for NWN2 and I've got a simple grasp of scripting for NWN1 and 2 from my years of hosting mods on NWN1.
    Last edited by Revock; 12-02-2011 at 08:20 PM.