Thread: A fantasy world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You know, there are a lot of theories involving holes at the poles, seismic activity, etc. etc. (in case of real theories)
    Btw I literally have no idea about the tectonic motion. Why couldn't there be if the world is hollow? The center of gravity (and also what we could consider the center of the earth) is just at the middle of the "two worlds".

Posting some pics to give you an idea because whenever I said "hollow earth" people thought that when you fell in the holes at the poles you'd fall in the center of earth, lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hollowearthbernard.gif 
Views:	108 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	62800

Name:	InnerSunOfHollowEarth13.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	62799

Quote Originally Posted by Backtired View Post
    Btw I literally have no idea about the tectonic motion. Why couldn't there be if the world is hollow? The center of gravity (and also what we could consider the center of the earth) is just at the middle of the "two worlds".
    The motion of tectonic plates is caused by gigantic currents within the molten mantle of the planet, which are a result of thermal convection. If you remove the core of the planet, you remove the driving force behind plate tectonics.

Name:	mantlerecy.gif 
Views:	91 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	62808

Nice idea though, I'm sure some other legitimate explanation for the plate movements could be created for this situation!