Thread: Cover art

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, I haven't given up on a regular publisher. I haven't even sent in a manuscript yet
    Philipstephen: you are right that in the case I would land a publisher they would want to pick out the cover.

Right now I am looking at a small print run for some friends and family (a private project through Lulu.com, so no one can order the novel from their site, only me - I have done this for book 1 already). I designed the cover myself and I suck at it. I want something better and am willing to spend a couple of hundred dollars on it. This is a hobby for me and I would love to have some professional looking books on my shelf, just so I can pick them up and say: "I wrote them". I never started writing these books because I wanted to reach a large audience, but I will try.

I will start thinking about what kind of cover I want first, before I blunder about
    Thanks for the pointers Torst-San!

Oh, and for everyone working on their maps: I started writing first and had book 1 finished by the time I started on the first map. A map is great to have but you can spend ages tweaking it and you will get delayed/side-tracked. Watch out for that pitfall
    (I made the later mistake of mapping lots of the cities in my world )
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 09-28-2009 at 05:12 PM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...