Thread: Maps made with Dungeon Designer 3 tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help

How are you making the walls for your plans? The normal wall tool (from the little bit I've played around with DD3) seems to just make the walls one standard thickness and nothing more, no matter what value you give to the width.

Unless I'm doing something wrong and the above is incorrect, it looks as though you're using corridors as walls? I'm probably way off, so if someone could kindly explain how you make those walls and the little wall extension pieces and have them blend into the existing walls, I'd be greatly appreciative! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyB View Post
    How are you making the walls for your plans? The normal wall tool (from the little bit I've played around with DD3) seems to just make the walls one standard thickness and nothing more, no matter what value you give to the width.
    These maps were made quite some time ago and I haven't touched DD3 since then, so I can't explain really well how I created them. But I made them after watching the Dungeon Designer 3 tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekhz1CICTkM
    (that is the first part, there are three I think, they can also be found on the ProFantasy website).

So after watching those tutorials you should be able to do the same.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...