Thread: [Region 1][Map 09] - Khanate of Qashya Mal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I had a feeling this was going to be worth waiting for. Great job GP as always. You have painted a rich tapestry with the background stuff and there his a huge amount there to stimulate the imaginations of other mappers here, which is precisely the point of the project. Darkovia seems to be crying ouit to be an adventure site. I'm having some flashbacks to panicky sweaty palmed D&D sessions in Ravenloft.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I had a feeling this was going to be worth waiting for. Great job GP as always. You have painted a rich tapestry with the background stuff and there his a huge amount there to stimulate the imaginations of other mappers here, which is precisely the point of the project. Darkovia seems to be crying ouit to be an adventure site. I'm having some flashbacks to panicky sweaty palmed D&D sessions in Ravenloft.

Torq
    I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like fun.

Wait, does it say "Drakovia" in the upper right corner?

Ah, no, Darkovia... aww. ;-) Drakovia is the metropolis that houses our running D&D Campaign.

The map looks good, alright!
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Post Ravs, the font...

Ravs, the font is called Celtic and its from the following website, along with half a dozen other Celtic type fonts...

Celtic Font Resource

I have a few more towns to include in the map, to absolutely finished, but its close.

The Irkarti Swamp (a.k.a. the Kingdom of Flies) - is home to a druidic bipedal saurian creature (probably lizardmen) who have summoned swarms of flies for various tasks. One of these swarms have become "aware" and works as an additional threat in the stench of the mirelands.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-28-2008 at 10:03 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Great stuff. Sounds like an interesting area to explore, and a grand map to go with it.

Wip Now the final map...

I added some missing towns - especially Khaikaar, the mongol fortress 70 mile east of Calishem.

I will need to update the WIKI map to be replaced with this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qashya-1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	3354  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations