Thread: inside out starmap View, Need Ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The sky of the southern hemisphere rotates counter-clockwise instead of clockwise. Once you have your southern constellation backdrop, all you need to do is draw up a clock diagram that goes the opposite way - assuming that's what you were asking?
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Praise I think I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by icosahedron View Post
    The sky of the southern hemisphere rotates counter-clockwise instead of clockwise. Once you have your southern constellation backdrop, all you need to do is draw up a clock diagram that goes the opposite way.
    I think I can see what your saying and I do have a southern hemisphere.
    This is a good Idea I am just now drawing up a rough. Thanks for the idea.
    Oh by the way these are based on the circumpolar rotation of the earth. so What I wish to accomplish at the same time is from a perspective of a person through sea travel or whatever means guiding himself at night. I am almost tempted to keep looking through the pdb (Planetary DataBase) at pdb.nasa.gov. but I get stuck in there. Oh and does any one remember that movie?

Post Second Rough Is Just That.

Well I have drawn out the second rough With the two hemispheres side by side, and I believe this will create a "map of the stars" that is very scintillating. But I am at a loss for how I would Create a "Map of the stars for guiding those travelling at night". I am using the double hemisphere fashion just like in the celestia diagrams above. Now when I draw the land, 'To which will be correlated By Longitude and Latitude, I end up with a primitive Torus Inside Out. That is to say a circular Cylinder. This is not the best way to guide someone Becuase they would have to imagine themselves somewhere on that earth (the inside out torus earth) to calculate there position. But This is a doable map just Very Iconocentric of ourselves(ie. Our World being the center of anything). I am attempting to make a render so I will not have to post my hand drawn Rough. Any Other Ideas are very welcome becuase as you will see the problems with the loss of connection between the southern and northern star constellations is too much with the double hemisphere.