Thread: My First Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

This is a beautiful start and I will certainly follow this one's progression. It does have a very 'almost natural' feel to it.
    I think what Korash is trying to say is the map does not have an organic irregularity to it. Natural coastlines have a less smooth smoothness to them. I was reminded of the Korean peninsula when I first saw this but then, as I looked deeper into the details, it felt kinda globular, more like a fluid flow rather than a land form. I don't know if this is due in part to the shadow around the coasts or not. All in all, it's a great map thus far and I do enjoy it.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by kaelin View Post
    This is a beautiful start and I will certainly follow this one's progression. It does have a very 'almost natural' feel to it.
    I think what Korash is trying to say is the map does not have an organic irregularity to it. Natural coastlines have a less smooth smoothness to them. I was reminded of the Korean peninsula when I first saw this but then, as I looked deeper into the details, it felt kinda globular, more like a fluid flow rather than a land form. I don't know if this is due in part to the shadow around the coasts or not. All in all, it's a great map thus far and I do enjoy it.
    I agree on all accounts for the irregularity. I started to work on it yesterday but the day job called. I played with the fractal extension in Inkscape but wasn't completely pleased with the results. I can't decide if I want to do it with the extension or add nodes by hand.

You got me on the Korean peninsula. That was part of my inspiration. As my first project, I thought I might be more successful with real world inspiration/guide. The rest is actually inspired by the Chesapeake bay. I know I need to alter it a bit more to get away from that. I will keep plugging.

I think I posted another reply here but is in queue for approval. I assume that is a newbie thing. So, no problem with approvals, just know I've not gone away if a reply takes a bit.

Thanks for the guidance and input!!