Thread: WIP: unnamed Earh-like planet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

@Pixie: awkward, I just came to post my latest fix and see if it worked, could you take a look at it and tell me if it works or it would be better with what you suggest on the last post?

You were even more right than I first thought when I read your "second post ago", nº5 rotation didn't match on both sides, and the poles needed matching borders on the sides and some reconsideration (restored nº15 to its previous version, rotating anti clockwise). Did I get it eight this time?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02. Tectonics (10-06-14).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	64841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02. Tectonics (10-06-14) (with E Poles).jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	64842

My fear now is, don't I have more subduction than crust creation now?

EDIT: forgot the poles, I know the rotation colors in the poles don't match from side to side, but you get the idea looking at the boundaries colours, I hope.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02. Tectonics (10-06-14)NP.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	817.7 KB 
ID:	64843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02. Tectonics (10-06-14)SP.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	789.9 KB 
ID:	64844

It's ok if I've to keep working on it a bit more, I do a lot of deep breathing each time I think about it and do other things while I wait for feedback, but yeah, I'm sorry for you guys, you must be so extremely bored with my tectonic map by now, don't blame ya.

EDIT 2: oh boy, re-reading your last post, I didn't have in mind that last principle at all, sadly. Now I fear looking back at my map and see how much I messed up in that aspect.

EDIT 3: ok I looked, it's horrible and I'm scared to touch anything because altering one plate alters the other, etc, and I have no idea of how to make everything match with that principle and the others unless I start form the beginning all over again, which would be terrible considering all the time we've spent trying to make this one work.
    Last edited by groovey; 06-10-2014 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by groovey View Post
    EDIT 3: ok I looked, it's horrible and I'm scared to touch anything because altering one plate alters the other, etc, and I have no idea of how to make everything match with that principle and the others unless I start form the beginning all over again, which would be terrible considering all the time we've spent trying to make this one work.
    Don't panic
    Sometimes, it's just a matter of changing location of plate boundaries, or adding micro-plates to "absorb" the mess-up. It does take a lot of time "staring" at it to see the right movement, sometimes, but it's always workable.
    And you've got nice spreading areas in your map - the junction between plates 1 and 2 and between the southpolar and plate 5.