Overall it's not a bad effort and I dare say some folk will get some use out of it. There are some core issues with the lighting that I think means it doesn't tie together properly and lighting, for me at least, is often the one thing that can make or break these types of digital maps that use realistic components.

Firstly is I'd say you need to make a new darker shadow at the base of the wall where it touches the floor, thinner and darker, as up close I think it has a strange floating above the ground effect to it.

Secondly is where the shadows and light are being cast on the wall. For example if you look at the piece of wall jutting out to the left of the campfire, that wall is the closest thing to the fire... but it's got shadows cast on it, that and the wall to the right of the fire should be bright as that is where your main light source is coming from. Alternatively following that jutting wall around and on its north side, that wall is shielded from the fire (well there would be a little light casting that peaks round the wall) and should be in shadow, but instead is lit up.

This is the main problem when you use a programs artifical shadow tools and emboss, it can't account where your light sources are coming from and to get a more accurate and better looking map it's much better to do it completely manually. On the flip side you have identified that the light around the campfire on the floor is brighter than anywhere else, so you obviously have an idea of what you are doing. Also, a good technique I always found where you want some moody lighting is to drop a layer of pure black colour on top of everything, use a large soft edged eraser and just cut a hole in the blackness over your main light sources, then change the opacity of the layer (or blend it) to make a much more ambient room.

Quick and dirty before/after of the effects I mean:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cavemap.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	61083