Thread: Oldhimn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I love it. I think its a great looking map with good natural looking island formations. Some great names in your map as well but my one concern being Eberon. Although spelt with a slight difference, your's having only r, Wizards of the Coast probably have Eberron copyrighted. I don't know where they would stand with spelling variations and as someone who knows nothing about copyright i might be making a fuss out of nothing but if you plan on making money on this book it may be a problem. I'm probably wrong though so I wouldn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiliff Gunnbjorn View Post
    I love it. I think its a great looking map with good natural looking island formations. Some great names in your map as well but my one concern being Eberon. Although spelt with a slight difference, your's having only r, Wizards of the Coast probably have Eberron copyrighted.
    Be very careful with that name if you plan to publish anything. Omitting one R probably isn't enough. It would be like trying to market a new candy bar and calling it Hershie or a new car and calling it a Chevrolay. After paying legal costs, you'd lose. On the other hand, if you were making a chocolate bar or a car and calling it an Eberon. that probably would fly.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project