Thread: Kera Commission (not really a map)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Whoah, I love this! Looks like something you'd see in the opening credits of Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    The gas giant looks a bit too distorted/trippy for me, but it isn't really something that needs change.
    It looks great - I especially love those kind of titles, they just look awesome.
    Yeah the method I used to create the gas giant has the disadvantage of stretching the image along a sphere, which of course leads to pixel distortion. I created a HUGE image of the gas giant and shrunk it down pretty low in the hopes of minimizing the blurriness, but no joy. Problem is, while there are loads of great tutorials for creating gas giants in PS, I've only been able to work out one or two methods for doing them in GIMP, and in neither case have the results been spectacular. Might have to keep playing with this. Or it may be that I'm butting up against one of the limitations of GIMP, don't know till I explore this more.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Whoah, I love this! Looks like something you'd see in the opening credits of Star Trek.
    Thanks Diamond, that was sort of the ambiance I was hoping to capture, so I'm really glad to here you say that.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh