Thread: Neldarym, Cauldron of the Ancients

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sketchy outline of the City of Serdarin

Starting a bit smaller this time, but.. i think this will be the largest capitol city on the map
    A very rough outline of the City of Serdarine. This is the main city of the faction Seranar.

A very short introduction. The Continent of Neldarym will feature 9 'playable' races (all humanoid), grouped in 3 more or loose alliances. This alliances are more of opportunities, and their cohesion is based more on common enemies then strong affinities between those races. In short, they are (only the bare hints):

The Blues:
    Human 'empire' of Arnor - confederation of city states. Moslty classic medieval fantasy flavour, with a shiny paladin twist
    Selens - elf-like race/civ, magic wielders with a strong affinity to nature and astral world
    Trammers - Rough (think centaurs) race roaming the plains, tribal organisation

The Reds:
    The Rudhars - Evolved barbarians, shamanistic/warlike race with a strong connection to their ancestors
    The Valnyr - Ancient race of magic users, masters of the elements and other worldy planes
    The Kun-Tai - Chinese/oriental civ/race, advanced agricultural and philosophical race

The Greens:
    The Seranars - Pre-Renaissance level/style human race, strong maritime/navigation theme, tech-gadgets flavour. A bit decadent too.
    The Assirs - Magic wielder race with psionic abilities and very advanced science - technology - medicine. Strong persian flavour (think 1001 nights)
    The Akumai - Advanced race of the tribal inhabitants of the Great Jungle. Dark magic, hunter oriented civ. Very strong in the wild.

Of these, the City of Serdarine wil be the greatest city in the southern parts of the continent.
    Lots of renaissance hints. Special points of interest so far:
    - The Magic Bridge. This is a magically suspended bridge (of quite some hight) linking the mainland with the Island of the Magi (some 1-2 miles away from shore). This island is home to the Assirs ambasadors to Serdarin.
    - The Palace. Set on an artificial isle in the middle of the river's course.
    - The Hippodrome.
    - The Promenade, featuring all kinds of magic and technological wonders.
    - The Park.

The area contained in the map is mostly 'high-class' inhabited. The comons are outside the inner city wall, which is not represented here. Outside the commons there will be the Main Wall, the main defence system.
    P.S. city planning is giving me a headache; not an easy job for sure...

Enough for now... Im not sure if anyone here is interested in such detail and related stories/developement. If its only about maps, pls let me know, so i wont dabble around by myself
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rough Sketch of the City of Serdaryn.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	636.1 KB 
ID:	27490