Thread: Bailiwan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Most excellent, congrats on a map well done!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    A fantastic map. Love the heraldry, the continents with their vegetation and mountains (as I said before). The font. There's nothing I don't like. Except maybe I am wondering how this would have looked in color

So what's up with the "Horde lands"? What goes on in there?
    This is my second map since joining the community. I'm going to try an urban and then attempt to learn color. The Hordelands is for the RPG aspect. The area was controlled by the Thalean Empire but was defeated and over run by orcs. The different Hordelands are the major tribal divisions that dominate the area now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEpic View Post
    Excellent map, solid and very clear. Love the heraldry of the Free cities, exquisite. What did you use to execute the finish if you don't mind me asking?
    The finish was simple. I rendered clouds using 2 almost identical shades of light tan (slightly grey on one) and then rendered fibers. I played with the sliders on the preview until it gave me what I was looking for. Always glad to help let me know if you'd like to know anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Most excellent, congrats on a map well done!
    Thanks for all the feedback during the process. I could say some other nice things but I figure you guys don't want to turn the forums into a chic flick .
    The road to success is always under construction.

updated OP with Artist Notes
    The road to success is always under construction.