Thread: The Blackwood, A Folkloric Mini Setting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow, cool map. I want to start roleplaying in that setting right away
    Very nice trees and mountains! Are these all from the starraven brushpack? Care to point me to that particular brushpack?
    And have some rep.!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thanks everyone! Lukc, potential issues with red on green was something I hadn't thought about! I tried to think about what kind of colors would have been available in the 1200s, and it seemed like red was a pretty popular choice. Whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Wow, cool map. I want to start roleplaying in that setting right away
    Very nice trees and mountains! Are these all from the starraven brushpack? Care to point me to that particular brushpack?
    And have some rep.!
    Thanks! I may not ever run a campaign online, but if I do it will be over at the Giant in the Playground forums.

Here's a link to the StarRaven brushpack. I didn't know about it when I made this map, but there's a high-res update for all the town brushes, too!

Quote Originally Posted by the-golem
    What's WIP about this? Looks pretty durned finished to me Although, to be honest, the river shorelines look a smidge pixelated compared to the hand drawn feel of everything else. Maybe you could put a slight blur on the rivers' edges, just to soften things up a tough
    The "WIP" part is basically to indicate that I haven't labeled everything yet. I'd like to label all the rivers and lakes, but I don't know what I want to call them!

Thanks for the tip on the rivers. That makes a lot of sense. I'll probably have an updated file uploaded by this afternoon.