Thread: December Entry: River Police Station

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post As a top-down, or as an iso???

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Based on your other thread, I kind of hope you do switch this thread up to do a Battletech siege(complete with backstory!)
    Should I try that as a top-down BT styled map, or keep it in ISO. My only issue is that I'd have to create some more 3D mechs. I created the madcat I'm using for my new avatar, because I 3D modeled that one years ago. But that's the only Mech I've made to 3D.

Either way, however, I'm going to need to create some more Mechs. And all those explosions, laser fire, missles, this might get more complicated than I'd hoped, but alas, such are the tasks I lay before me.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Should I try that as a top-down BT styled map, or keep it in ISO. My only issue is that I'd have to create some more 3D mechs. I created the madcat I'm using for my new avatar, because I 3D modeled that one years ago. But that's the only Mech I've made to 3D.

Either way, however, I'm going to need to create some more Mechs. And all those explosions, laser fire, missles, this might get more complicated than I'd hoped, but alas, such are the tasks I lay before me.

GP
    Well... I am up for either. It's been ages since I have had a chance to play BT, so either way, I would be fine. As you say, doing ISO would be quite a bit more work, but it also may be just the thing to put you over the edge in the competition if you can find the time.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post How about a grid?

You know what might look cool and give it that map look over 3D illustration is to place a hex grid on the ground surface beneath all those fighting Mechs, while still keeping it ISO. OK, Jfrazierjr - you talked me into it. Now I got think of a new name to change the title of this thread... hmmm.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Now I got think of a new name to change the title of this thread... hmmm.
    I have always been fond of Metal Mayhem, but I am weird....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.