Thread: GIMP and languages

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Info Environment Variables

Environment variables control the language settings from whichever terminal it is launched it will enhirit the LC_MESSAGES value for whichever language you wish, so set LC_MESSAGES=de and launch gimp in the same console window and vwalla (terrible french I know) and you have germen text. en is english if you need to know, also there is a complete list under the share\locale folder.

PS: one more reason to switch to Unix Alike Systems.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockyL View Post
    Environment variables

<SNIP>

there is a complete list under the share\locale folder.
    I assume you're referring to Windows environment variables. I need most of my software to function trouble free in German, so this doesn't seem to be a workable solution for me, if I'm understanding you correctly.

As for the complete list under the share/locale folder ... It would be good to get a better pointer where this folder is. I certainly can't find anything of the sort on my system. I'm a programmer, and all system files are visible on my system, so I do know most of the usual places where such things would be, but I haven't been able to find anything.

GIMP does have a local user folder called ENV, but it's empty on my machine.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project