Thread: Aduro (World project)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jwbjerk View Post
    Very nice.

IMHO you could answer that sort of question much better if you had some of these data overlays. I.E. you could tell if it's too dark by seeing if it contrasted enough with your data layers.
    Agreed. I'll get in some work on it tomorrow hopefully. I have the areas notated on paper, now I need to do it in Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Agreed. I'll get in some work on it tomorrow hopefully. I have the areas notated on paper, now I need to do it in Photoshop.
    Just a quick note: We're in the middle of getting ready to move and I need to spend some time getting used to CS5 before I commit any of the work I've been doing to being semi-finalized. That means no real updates for probably another week or so until we're settled.

Found some new (to me) techniques for altering text while keeping it editable using on the fly masking. I may see about incorporating it into the next compass rose design that I've been playing with based on Djekspek's one sheet but substituting stroked paths for the hand drawn elements.

Here's a quick progress snapshot: A quick major trade route path (water) and prelim primary settlements with influence areas. I included a very quick new compass rose, but that's not the design I'm going to go with for this style map. I don't think it looks right at all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	25183