RPMiller
Thanks, the buildings were one of the last things I changed. After I had gone more paint-textured with everything else, they really stood out as a vector-based texture. Basically, I took the texture, pasted into photoshop, added a drop shadow, and a bevel, to make them look roofed. At the current magnification, they look a bit more lumpy than I would like. Perhaps a bit of an outline would make them stand out as individual objects. I'll have to be careful not to make it overall too dark, though.
See below for the furrows.

Arcana
Thanks! Yes, now that the functionality is there, I can work on the prettiness. I really can't add too much more detail, or important things will be lost in a sea of trivia.

kalmarjan
I considered a bevel, but they're tricky in Illustrator. They also take up rendering time. Also to keep down the render time, I didn't want to go with a drop shadow on each object. Each one is basically a multilayered line, saved as a Style. The top line is dotted and bright green and very narrow, the crops. The next line is a duller green-solid and round-ended, the row. The bottom layer is the same green set to Multiply (and thus darken the ground texture behind, with a slight offset down and to the right. At the resolution at which it is displayed, it simulates a rounded furrow without the necessity of using raster Effects.