Greetings Hivemind. Been going through this tutorial and have a couple of questions.
(I know its been a while since this post was started and last answered but taking a shot anyway. And keep clicking and adjusting till something magical happens LOL)

1. After Isolating the Forests on page 4 does the selection remain active during the next step of adding individual trees?

2. Now in the “Yet More Refinement for the Forest Outline” I am not able to bucket fill the selection with white from the Channels Tab (Gimp 2.10.32). When I do it on the Trees layer, I end up with the forest cloud and a bunch of white spots. Nothing like Figure 12 (where the trees are also part of the cloud colors). Is there something I am missing, or should it look that way?

I am playing around between this tutorial and others on a large size map and am just beginning to learn how to use GIMP. I know that my results will not be exactly what is shown in examples but so far, I have been close enough to get the idea and able to play around with some of the settings to get something that is acceptable for my purpose.

This tutorial and the others have been a huge help with this old dog.

Thank you for any suggestions