Running through the new tutorial. Great job adding the new stuff to it! Thank you so much for putting it together

A few things I noticed:

1. Under Redefining the Forest Outline where you bucket fill, you have "BG color fill." I tried that at first but I wasn't getting the noise layer to show up after doing multiply. I switched to FG Bucket Fill and it worked.

2. At the top of page 4, right column, should it be layer fill transparent instead of black?

My troubles

I'm don't know if I'm doing the color variations part right or not. But when I try what is in the tutorial, i'm not really seeing a change in the tree color but I see a change in the ground color under the trees. Any thoughts?

I feel like new tutorial definitely makes the forests blend in better with the use of the individual trees. I think my issue with my current map is that the ground color or the tree colors may not be right for my particular map to have them both mesh together. But I'm a bit lost on where to start to fix that at the moment. I'll have mess around with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firstnewtreetut.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	376.3 KB 
ID:	44198