Thread: Non-Map Art Showcase

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks, Dimbel. I had a good time piddling with that one.

Actually, your comment re: not being artistic enough to do character sketches can be skirted if you at least have a few basic Photoshop skills. For example, the red-haired ranger "painting" I'm attaching below was one of my first "play arounds" with PS, and I did almost no art in it at all. I didn't even have a Wacom tablet at the time! His head is some college student's, his body is a specialty costume catalog entry, and the trees are a random forest pic. All three images were found usinga Google Image search, then pasted together & cleaned up, then filtered a couple times. Sure, true digital artists dislike this sort of hack work, but like you I needed a pic of a character, and fast. Now, about a year later with a few more Photoshop tricks up my sleeve, I'd do a lot more to that pic, but at the time it worked great and everyone liked it.

Anyway, I'm also attaching another portrait in the same style as the nobleman I posted earlier. And yes,I myself painted this one in PS; no cut-n-paste. She's a rotund noblewoman circa the 1100s. See ya!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eaidig portrait crosshatched.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	1142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fat_noblewoman002 copy.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	282.7 KB 
ID:	1146  
    Last edited by pyrandon; 10-17-2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: updated noblewoman
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]