• Dwarven city - tilt

5 12.50%
  • Small Trader Outpost - Xyll

1 2.50%

Thread: *** March/April Lite Challenge Voting: Dwarf Fortress ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I voted for Jax, imaginative work and beautifully executed (minor type: the plural of cannon is cannon). Great work everyone! It was a hard choice and the maps were all so very different to each other.
    Awww crud. I hate it when that happens! I will go ahead and fix it for a finished version, if that's ok? At least then I might not have to live the rest of life knowing it's in print that I'm a big dope. Oh well, this is the stuff that keeps us humble. Thanks for the pointer.

EDIT: Hold on a sec...now I'm confused for sure: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cannons <--- This looks to me like it's acceptable to use Cannons for the plural.

On a side note, seeing what folks are feeling and saying as they cast their votes reminds me of something an Art teacher (who was also a professional artist) told a classroom of students I was among. He said, and I paraphrase, "Whenever you show a piece and it does not do as well as you hoped don't let it get to you. You never know what the judges are looking at. Sometimes they may only be looking at the eyeball and the entire show can be judged based on this one aspect. You could take the same piece to another show and it might win the blue ribbon. Art is subjective so remember that."

Good advice, I think, to anyone entering the challenges. You may not do well this time but there is always next time and the time after that. Just don't give up, the more you do it, the better you get.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 04-16-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt