Thread: World of Milosha

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I get to working on the wrong layers all the time. You are not alone.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Wip

Any GIMP Users that are good with Text, please take a look.

Ok,
    Here is the next stage of my map of Milosha. I went through and placed all the city and country names. And I hate it.
    The city text looked good when I was scrolled in typing them out, put once I scrolled out I noticed that you can't tread most of the letters.

Question's I have are:
    Is there away to change all the fonts and or text colors at once? every one is still on it's own layer. when I try to grab one of the names I have already done I can't seem to select it? I click on the right layer and then the text tool, but can't seem to figure it out.
    Does anyone know of some good tuts/web sites that can help me learn how to work with text in GIMP?

And while I'm on the subject of text, I was wondering if there is anyone out there that might be willing to design me a title.png to place in the upper left hand corner of my map? I have been searching the web look for ways to do text, but everything I find is way to complicated for my skill level, which when it comes to text is barely above zero. I have included a jpg of the basic text shape I would like the text to be in. As for font and the over all look, I'll leave that up to those of you who throw a bone my way with a map name logo.

@Jaxilon- Hope you noticed that your Assault Fortress's have a home in my world.

All comments welcome...

Thanks
    Allan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Name..jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	23853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Milosha 04-15-10-3&.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	865.7 KB 
ID:	23854  
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.