Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
I like it. It has a very individual style to it, and the bevels / stacks really add depth to the picture. It almost looks like it's been built in real life to place miniatures on - i.e. it looks like a miniature model rather than a realistic depiction which I think works better for VTT type games as the map is very clear, so lines of sight etc would be easier to establish.

Good one!
Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
I like it too, and under 1Mb, it's the right sort of size for a VTT. I agree with Ravells. The picture looks like a minature model diorama rather than a photorealistic view. The grass texture even looks like the felt you use on physical models. It's ideal. Very nice work, when does the map pack come out?
I agree with both assessments. It would have to be bigger to work in a VTT though, but it is hard to judge without a scale of some sort. The sample looks like it has been reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
Though RPMiller is more of an expert on this than I, however, VTT stands for Virtual Tabletop. Programs like Battlegrounds and the Open-Source MapTool, view photorealistic maps, allow you to place a grid or hex at your scale, place trees, in some cases provide "fog of war" which hides areas of map that players shouldn't be able to see based on line of sight and light conditions or fog, etc.

These programs are used as "in play" for online "tabletop gaming" or on display as an aid to actual table top gaming.

My expertise is printing, I'm trying to get the handle to this digital only map market.

Like I said, ask RPMiller, he knows more...
Nope. You gave a decent enough explanation. Although MapTool isn't open-source per the full definition, but close enough and it is free.