Thread: IPAD RPG maps requested by RPGNet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Update...

Here's an update on what I know so far...

For starters I've created the main tavern hall, though 3 more pieces need to be created - the one is good enough for now to work the details. They are able to work in layers, so they want an unfurnished tavern base layer, above that goes existing patrons and furniture, above this layer would be a "movable" layer allowing users to place and move PC tokens. Each PC token is attached to a description file on stats, etc. Finally a layer that drops the roof down over everything.

Another issue, they haven't decided on scale. I made my original design based on 100 pixels = 5 feet, but I also provided an enlarged version to better fill the 1024 x 768 viewing screen, so that's more like 121 pixels = 5 feet. RPGNet developers need to decide the optimum scale to be used - that's part of this early part in the experiment.

Here's a Sneak Peak at the tavern base being used in the experiment. Its all hand drawn, scanned and enhanced in Xara with bevels and wall shadows, etc. No furniture, though I'm creating one with both tables and top-down people tonight. I probably won't post an update, that's why this isn't in the WIP forum. I already know what I am doing on the other 3 pieces of this map, but holding off, while the developers play with this one for a while to work out bugs.

Just wanted to give you an idea on my plans, and where the project is going. Progress...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tavern-rpgnet.png 
Views:	252 
Size:	893.6 KB 
ID:	24191  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations