Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blackmount Empire

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I love the compass as is, Pasis, and I'd also go with B's style.

I think B would kind of get lost in the other textures. If you want the cities to stand out, I'd go with one of the others. Hard to say from just a small snippet, of course. A and C I instantly recognize as cities, but B at a glance could be some kind of rocky terrain.

Guild Novice

I'm flabbergasted, what can I say. I'm currently starting a new map but when I see this... Oh well guess I have much more homework to do. Have some rep.

Cheers

G.

I like B the most, but C is also good.

Here is a new update…finally. Thanks you for all the comments, so I went for an option somewhere between styles B and C. I still need to make the cities to pop up a bit more, but it will have to wait. I’m mostly finished with adding the terrain and been now working with labeling and creating smaller details. What comes to labeling I decided to make all manmade structures in red (except roads which are under consideration). This way it is easier to find the human presence from the map and it gives a bit of a extra spice to it. Let me know if I’m all wrong here.

I attached two maps as the full sized map would take too much space to be added here. So the overall map is in 50% scale and the smaller one is to give an idea of the level of the details and the fonts used etc. I’m actually planning to use this is in my future RPG campaign, so adding places of interest takes lot longer as they have to have a reason in this world. If someone has found a way to add few more hours to a day, let me know…
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire-9b.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	25522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire-9a.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	25523  

Jaw = Dropped.

As always pasis that is damn impressive especially on the snow caps and the volcano island, I envy you your skill. Please accept some rep.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, you're slowly getting near the end, the cities work really well
    The red color gets swallowed a little on top of forrest and in my personal opinion some of your labels are to straight, they should follow the scenery more - for instance Doddlers March sticks out ... but maybe you just haven't gotten around to it yet
    But looking beautiful, but you know I love your mapping style - got something to live up to in my next region map ... "unfortunatly" that will be a very snowy map, so I'm looking at a challenge
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Looks pretty good. The red names for settlements pretty well solves my issue with them fading into the general blend of textures. Check your capitalization, though, you missed a few spots. Especially leaping out at me is the "Blackhorn mountains" just above Ironthorn, as it sandwiched between two "Blackhorn Mountains". And as long as I'm commenting, I'll ask if "Kings Walley" is right, or if it meant to be a "Valley".

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I got nothing but love for this map. I'm in awe.

Thanks guys!
    @rdanhenry: Corrected the naming issues you found (and some others), thanks for pointing them out.

I have been adding more details and naming the places, but no point showing the whole thing yet. Then I've been playing with Photoshop, trying to learn more, and created a ruler for this map. No big deal, but I think I managed to get quite nice reflections in there and decided to post it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruler.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	360.1 KB 
ID:	25611  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast