Thread: WIP-Thraena

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is looking pretty good - that parchment texture does look nice. I'm not sure if this last map is supposed to be of several continents - without a scale to determine size it's a bit hard to tell if those mountains and forests are a bit small but they do feel that way (small, I mean). Other than that, the map is looking really good. The font was fully legible when zoomed in to full-size, and that boxed text down in the lower-right is a great touch. The land and bird inside the compass in the lower-left corner is a great little detail too. Looking forward to seeing more ^.^

- Alizarine
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Quote Originally Posted by alizarine View Post
    This is looking pretty good - that parchment texture does look nice. I'm not sure if this last map is supposed to be of several continents - without a scale to determine size it's a bit hard to tell if those mountains and forests are a bit small but they do feel that way (small, I mean). Other than that, the map is looking really good. The font was fully legible when zoomed in to full-size, and that boxed text down in the lower-right is a great touch. The land and bird inside the compass in the lower-left corner is a great little detail too. Looking forward to seeing more ^.^

- Alizarine
    It's actually supposed to be a map of the entire world. I'll work in a scale and label the latitude and longitude lines next, probably.

Oh, and it's supposed to be a tree and bird in the compass, but I can see how that could be very easily mistaken.