Thread: Hello!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Mordain View Post
    Hi! I found this place yesterday after a long desperate search to find some mapmaking tutorials.
    Can I ask what it was that you searched for which prevented/enabled you to find this place ? I keep thinking that were quite big here with 20K or so members of which about 2K active and so many maps on the finished forums that's its been a pain to index them all. But we keep hearing that people stumble upon this place or have trouble finding something like us until they find us. I think were missing something so that search engines or links point to us.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Welcome

Can I ask what it was that you searched for which prevented/enabled you to find this place ? I keep thinking that were quite big here with 20K or so members of which about 2K active and so many maps on the finished forums that's its been a pain to index them all. But we keep hearing that people stumble upon this place or have trouble finding something like us until they find us. I think were missing something so that search engines or links point to us.
    This had me thinking so I went and did a google search for "Map Tutorials" and after 14 :O pages there STILL was no Guild link.... Searching for "Photoshop Map Tutorials" had pyrando's tut A Medieval Town Map Tutorial in Photoshop (excelent tut by the way) come in on the third page.

Wish I understood web searches better......

Oh yeah, Welcome to the Guild Mordain I am sure you will find all sorts of .... distractions here
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent