Hello all,

Let me start by saying that I have lurked around here off and on since late last year. I decided to finally become a member recently because I wanted to join in on some of the social aspect of the this wonderfully designed place.

My real name is Dan and I hail from Twin Cities in Minnesota. My nickname, Squeegie, is what my friends have called me since my sophomore year in high school, or about 15 years now. I have been a map & cartography fanatic for a long time. Instilled at the same time that I was learning to read, my first interest in maps came from an unusual source. My parents would read to me a series of childrens' books called Sweet Pickles. All about a cast animal characters that lived in a town. At the end of every book there was a map of the town and every time after reading the story my parents and I would go over the locations of the story on the map in the back of the book.

My second passion is role playing games. My first was Middle Earth Roleplaying, later the Palladium books starting with TMNT & Other Strangeness and on through Rifts and Palladium Fantasy. On to D&D when v3.0 arrived and through 4E. Recently I was turned on to the Burning Wheel system and I love the style, but I have yet to play or run a game within its rules. I have been a player and GM/DM in all these systems, plus played a few others.

Currently I am working on a two pronged project. A campaign setting for the Burning Wheel and a possible game website using something akin to a MUD style mechanic. Both would be set in the same world that I am currently working. The world is an artificially created world by aliens, similar in design to that of a Dyson's Sphere. The story behind is that the world is a Noah's Ark of species in the universe and as a secondary bi-product a source of reality-style entertainment via monitoring the different species.

I am currently working on some basic mechanics of this world and the first "human" section of this world.

In any case, I hope while I am here on this site I will be able to learn many techniques for delivering my vision of this world, and bounce ideas of people here for creation of the world.

I look forward to the good times that may be found in my progress.

See you all out there.

Squeegie