Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April/May Lite Challenge: Blue Winter's Branch

This is pretty cool and I love the way you did the lighting coming in through the windows and stuff....that is awesome.

I was thinking the booth table tops on the mid levels are too white for a primarily wooden structure. They look like Formica or something and it seems they should be warmer as in a lacquered wood.

And your forest is looking fantastic as well.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Wip

Original intent with the labels was to be annoying so I wouldn't forget to furnish the areas. However, after reading the other entries, I realized that I need a kitchen... and a restroom of some sort. Funny thing, you never read about Strider having to take a break to relieve himself.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Levels - Main WIP3.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	24465

Here's the kitchen... I think I'll put the lavatories upstairs. Kind of like a "too much to drink test". If you can make it up the stairs on the first try, you're sober enough.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to leave your reins to your dragon, you're too drunk to fly."

Then again, I suppose the swaying bridges in the trees would quickly eliminate those who regularly drank too much. Oh yeah... and I quieted down the tables. White wasn't good.
    She's taken to calling me "Abbot Fou". I like it. Pretty sure it means "Enlightened Warrior."

Wip Changed my Mind

I changed my mind. There's a chamber pot on the main floor now.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Levels - Main WIP4.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	24466
    She's taken to calling me "Abbot Fou". I like it. Pretty sure it means "Enlightened Warrior."

Wip All Three Levels

DONE! Now, all that it required is the customary tearing apart by critics. :-) Looking forward to it!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Full Set WIP1.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	24639

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Rip rip rip. Oh dang, now I broke it. I like it, pretty cool stuff, man. But I'm not going over it with a fine-toothed comb either, checking measurements and distances n such. I just look at it from the aesthetic point of view and it looks pretty darn good to me.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Map Completed Presentation

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Blue Winter's Branch.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	24787

Nothing structurally changed. Just added labels and and an icon. Meh. Good luck to all and to all a good... luck?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12