Thread: One Conlang for All Maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the comments!
    @ midgardsormr, the only problem I'm seeing is that no one likes the Trajev so they wouldn't want to use their language; in fact, most countries think the Trajev disappeared years ago. The reason no one likes them is because they started gathering knowledge during a very violent time, and when a major catastrophe left a gaping crater in the northern rainforest, everyone assumed the Trajev had helped the man responsible by providing the knowledge he needed. But the Trajev do still collect information, they just pretend they're merchants/mercenaries/&c. - anything that allows them to travel.

Other than that, however, I'm liking the idea of a "lingua franca" a lot - I can also re-label maps with names in the local/national language when I develop them ^.^ Thanks again.
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Quote Originally Posted by alizarine View Post
    Other than that, however, I'm liking the idea of a "lingua franca" a lot - I can also re-label maps with names in the local/national language when I develop them ^.^ Thanks again.
    and

Trajan is now used only for secret communication between the Trajev and to record new information
    It can be a lingua franca or a secret language but never both. If the latter, then using Trajan for labeling all maps is as plausible as this: all maps in Europe A.D. 1500 labeled, let's say, in the Ge'ez script and language. It's not exactly the same, but you get the picture.

As for your script, you can do better than that. Twenty minutes is not enough for creating a good and nice looking script. If you care, ask.

Show us a sample text in your language (in transcription).