Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Empyreum - WIP

Blog Entries

Thank you very much!

I used many layers for the ocean or sea layer, most of them are standard patterns zoomed 1000% with different layer styles. Then, I added one layer above them with 'Bevel & Emboss'-style, flattened it and used the plastic filter. After playing with the eraser to achieve different opacities I turned the layer to 'Soft light' and darkened it a bit. : )

Antheon
    speaking as if he knew what he was doing
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum

Gluckwunsche I am really impressed by this style of map, because I have no idea how to do it.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Love the dark style of the second map, and I don't know about 'Disciples' either ^.^ Can't help with the mountain scale much as I'm still figuring that out myself, but it might help to have a scale range as a base. There's a tutorial on the forum (I'm afraid I lost it ...) about creating a map scale in Photoshop and knowing the scale of mountains on Earth you'd like to base your mountains on might help - the Cascade mountain range in Washington state is about 1,300 miles long, for instance.

Keep up the great work - I agree with Aval Penworth in that this is an impressive map, and even more so because I don't know how you did it ^.^

- Alizarine
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12